United Soccer of Auburn is excited to announce the launch of a futsal program on Saturday mornings starting November 12 at Swanson Road School. Futsal is a very fast, very fun game that also rapidly builds players’ ball skills and decision making.
Regiatration is now open here: https://www.unitedsoccerofauburn.com/product/futsol-league-winter-2016-17/
Cost will be $45 per player, which includes all 14 sessions and a shirt. It is OK if you miss sessions!
- Registration is open at https://www.unitedsoccerofauburn.com/futsal
- The season will from Nov. 12 through March 11 except for holidays and school breaks (Nov. 26, Dec. 24, Dec. 31, and Feb. 18).
- The sessions will run Saturdays between 9am and 12pm in the SWIS gymnasiums.
- U10 Boys and Girls – 9am
- U12 Boys and Girls – 10am
- U14 Boys and Girls – 11am
- Players do need shin guards, but may wear regular sneakers. Futsal shoes are available, but are not necessary.
- Players MUST be registered for United Soccer of Auburn or another Mass Youth Soccer-affiliated club for either spring 2016, fall 2016, or fall 2017.
- We will be running this program as a developmental league. It is not designed to be competitive.
- We will NOT have set teams, standings, etc. There is no need for coaches to try to put together a team.
- Each week will be “pickup”, with the available players divided into two teams and they will play approximately 50 minute games.
- There will be a coach of each team and an official for each game.
- We are looking to have teams at BU10, GU10, BU12, GU12, BU14 and GU14.
- There will be a cap of 20 players per gender per age group, giving us enough for two and assuming we have a few missing each week.
There are a couple of local futsal tournaments in January and February that could provide some competitive opportunities if we have enough interest by then.
We strongly encourage you to check out this new program. We are able to offer this league at a very reasonable cost, since we are not running this for profit. Please register ASAP to secure your slot. If you have questions, you can direct them to email@example.com.
Register Online HERE: https://www.unitedsoccerofauburn.com/product/futsol-league-winter-2016-17/
For those not familiar, Futsal is a variation of indoor soccer, played on a smaller field, typically a hard court surface such as a basketball court. Walls or boards are not used.
Futsal is also played with a smaller ball with less bounce than a regular soccer ball. The surface, ball and rules create an emphasis on improvisation, creativity, and technique as well as ball control and passing in small spaces.
Futsal is a very fast-paced game that keeps player moving the entire session. We believe that playing futsal is terrific for helping players quickly develop their foot skills, first touch, passing, and decision-making skills.
You can read more about futsal and its benefits on the U.S. Futsal websitehttp://www.futsal.com/index.php/benefits-of-us-futsal
Video of US Youth Futsal 2016 National Championship https://youtu.be/MeAXRvy-imE
If you want to see more than highlights, here is a 4+ hour YouTube video from a futsal league https://youtu.be/0bDgRG18eMM